Today Anja got to swim in the baby pool for the first time and loved it. It has to be at least 82 (28 C) degrees in the water for the baby pool to be open, I was told, so today was the first day. The olympic pool was 80 degrees. I could not help but think back on the beach in Sweden where we were just two weeks ago, and the water was 62 degrees and no one complained. Isak and Elina swam for two hours, then had to be forced to get their butts back on land. Anja played in a slightly warmer puddle (68 degrees?).
Mark and Victoria, their children: Isak, Elina, Anja and Julia. Visitors are advised that this site may contain extreme minutia and adoration involving four blond kids, mainly for the benefit of those poor grandparents and family an ocean away. If you are not them, you may experience boredom. You have been warned.
18 June 2008
Summer Games
Summer is officially in full swing. Swim lessons began on Monday and it rained/was overcast, but on Tuesday it thundered and lessons were canceled. Since we were already in our swim suits we went to the splash pad, and we were the only ones there because of the rain. It was only, what 78 degrees (25 C), and I guess most people deemed it too cold? It was heavenly.
Today Anja got to swim in the baby pool for the first time and loved it. It has to be at least 82 (28 C) degrees in the water for the baby pool to be open, I was told, so today was the first day. The olympic pool was 80 degrees. I could not help but think back on the beach in Sweden where we were just two weeks ago, and the water was 62 degrees and no one complained. Isak and Elina swam for two hours, then had to be forced to get their butts back on land. Anja played in a slightly warmer puddle (68 degrees?).
Elina in action
Elina taught Anja how to do this: Pull out drawer, climb in on top of the bed spread that is stored in it, and lay down. I walked in on them : Elina and Anja were both sitting in the third drawer from the bottom, (has quilts in it). I could not believe the IKEA quality held up for that kind of weight. I thought the bottom would fall out. Elina has promised not to do it again, but Anja did not. She does it all the time.
Today Anja got to swim in the baby pool for the first time and loved it. It has to be at least 82 (28 C) degrees in the water for the baby pool to be open, I was told, so today was the first day. The olympic pool was 80 degrees. I could not help but think back on the beach in Sweden where we were just two weeks ago, and the water was 62 degrees and no one complained. Isak and Elina swam for two hours, then had to be forced to get their butts back on land. Anja played in a slightly warmer puddle (68 degrees?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what cuties! And the water fun lookes like so much fun also!
That's awesome that you managed to be at the splash pad BY YOURSELVES! WOW! I bet that was great!?
Post a Comment