11 July 2008

"If you think I am five you are wrong, for I am six."

Those have been Isak's exact words to various adults on no less than three occasions since Saturday. He is now six. As one of the youngest in his Kindergarten class he has waited long for this day, July 5th. "First we watch fireworks, then I go to bed, then I wake up and it is my birthday." We thought we would have a 4th of July baby when labor began on July 3rd six years ago, but he must have wanted his own day very badly and thus let me endure 50 hours of labor, sweet thing.

Isak with his black widow and his other birthday Legos in the bookshelf

Lego. That is what he wanted and that is what he got. He is pille-sjuk - in other words he has 'fiddle sickness'. He cannot leave anything mechanical alone. He's been this way since he was 6 months old when he learned how to use the remote control. When he went to see the apatasaurus at the Sam Noble Museum for the first time, at age 3, he was in AWE - over the elevator, not the world's largest dinosaur skeleton. I am afraid he's got The Knack. But he says he is going to be a Dentist. Perhaps these powers can be transferred.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love this! how cute! for i am six! love that!

i love that you capture soo much on your video! i am SOOO bad about that! i get soo many pictures, but no video! i am going to be sad about that one day! I LOVE that you do it soo often! how perfect!

anyways, sorry to go on and on... happy bday for him! i am glad it was a great one!!!

Sharon said...

Robby and Isak would have a great time together since Legos occupy most of his time.

Happy Birthday Isak!