
Because the world has seen much greater seamstresses than myself, I am starting NOW on the important Halloween project to ensure that it will be complete in time. It is a head-to-toe Obi-Wan Kenobi outfit as seen above, complete with the Jedi robe with hood in brown fleece, the Jedi tunic in beige linen, the dickey (underneath the tunic), pants, belt, and faux boots of my own design. I bought the fabric a while ago but have been very daunted at the prospect of making this thing because all the child size Jedi-like sewing patterns are out of print.
Anja is going to be Yoda!

With the left-over fleece from Isak's robe I patched together a blanket for Elina. That is what she wanted. (Still don't know for certain what she will be for Halloween). I made the blanket yesterday and after every seam she asked if I was done. I don't know how I am going to be able to make this costume, except late in the evening hours because between Elina and Anja I have more help than I need. Elina randomly reverses for me without warning, and suddenly helps me accelerate by crawling under the table and pressing her hand on the pedal. "I want to help you do it faster!" Anja's favorite is stepping on the fabric I am cutting or on the pattern paper. She's 15 months old and knows that she is not allowed. So she sticks out one foot at the time, slowly, then the other. She's very sneaky, but what can I expect with two older siblings to teach her the ropes?
Expect pictures of the finished product in October some time. Probably the 30th, at midnight.
Something funny: Elina said today she wanted to eat "Chevrolet." After some inquiry on my part she climbed onto the counter top, opened the cabinet and pointed to a can of Ravioli.
8 comments:
CUTE VICKI!!!!
You've GOT to send me pics of the kids on Halloween!!!
anyway, I've got SO much to tell you! Email me when you have got the chance, or call me, you have my number.
Love ya!
Can't wait to see it! =) Last year I made a troll costume for Max... He was a 'kind forest troll' I told people. Not the most complicated of projects but he looked very happy in it! =) And that made me happy. =) Good luck!
i am so impressed that you are going to sew it! i can't even sew on a button.
Wow! I'm excited to see the finished product! My son refuses to commit to a costume, and changes his mind weekly. So I don't even bother getting started yet. A risky move since this baby is DUE on 10/31!!!
Say what!? You're sewing a whole costume!? Geez girl, where do you find the time and talent? My mom always sewed our costumes and they ROCKED, but now that I'm a mom I just don't understand how she did it all! Good luck!
Hudson was Luke Skywalker last year for Halloween. Reagan was Princess Leia. I sewed both of those with out a pattern. So if I can do it you can do it! I have a picture if you would like to see it. I love it when they choose matching costumes. They aren't swinging that way this year. Good Luck with the costume.
Taryn,
That gives me hope! I want to see pics!
Robby was a jedi last year, and I made it for him. I was thankful that it was only a Halloween costume since it would only be worn at night and in the dark since no one would ever admire my seamstress abilities. Hopefully after all your hard work he will spend time playing dress up with it, too, so that it doesn't get worn just once. Robby has played with his many times. I am certain you will do a better job than I did. (I made Robby's at the last minute.)
Post a Comment