Elina and Isak have both been thoroughly indoctrinated to be wary of Pitbulls, since they have such steep statistics against them when it comes to turning on their owners, resulting in grave injuries - not to mention attacks on strangers which is equally high for this breed. (We have several Pitbulls in our neighborhood, and my feeling is: If you want a sweet dog, get a Lab for goodness sakes!)
Elina, home from school is outside swinging in the back yard where Mark is getting some tools. Ten minutes later she comes in crying mad and furious tears.
Elina: "Pappa is not telling the truth! Jasmine at school has a nice Pitbull. It is not mean! He doesn't know that it is a nice Pitbull." Tears streaming down her face and wailing like she got her finger stuck in the car door.
Mamma: "I think what Pappa meant is that sometimes even nice Pitbulls can become mean, suddenly, even when no one is being mean to the Pitbull."
Elina: "No, that is not what he said! He said he wanted to kill Jasmine's Pitbull! I am angry with him!"
Mamma: "He said that? He should not have said that. I'll tell him."
Elina goes back out in the yard again, still red faced and upset, but not wailing.
Enter Mark.
Victoria: "Honey, did you tell Elina you were going to kill Jasmine's Pitbull?"
Mark: "No, I didn't. I just said they taste better when fried."
3 comments:
Men and children!!!!
I just stopped by to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I thought I had your email to send this message that way but for some reason I don't. Oh well, I hope you had a great day!
I can see why Elina was upset but that was absolutely hilarious. Hugs to all of you!!!
Post a Comment