12 June 2009

The Bilibed

Julia is jaundiced and has to spend a few days on the bilibed (that means ALL her non-feeding time). This is not the traditional tanning booth. Instead she is on top of the lights. She really does not care for it much, and it is hard to leave her there when she wants to be held and swaddled. But her bilirubin levels had gone down when they drew her blood today for the 6th time since her birth. At least she will escape the exchange blood tranfusion I had to have as a newborn.

with flash and light turned on

without flash and lights off

3 comments:

Corless Family said...

I'm so sorry. Eden had to be in one of those for about 5 days. I hated it and so did she. Hope she doesn't have to be in there for long.

Tiffany said...

Nathan was in the exact same kind of bed on Halloween. John said he dressed up as techno-baby Jesus.

I hope Julia's level drop rapidly! I think Nathan had a total of 11 heel sticks.

mormor said...

Stackars lilla gumman.
Jag minns att båda dina hälar var närapå sönderstuckna för blodprover.
Blodbytet tog bara ett dygn sen var du tillbaka hos mig - du var bara 26 timmar när det påbörjades.
Hoppas lilla Julia inte behöver den så länge.