02 December 2009

Class picture 1982


A friend from this photo contacted me last month. He sent this to me and wondered if it was me in the picture. Funny how MUCH I remember from that year. We did some AMAZINGLY creative games during "free play" that involved 6-8 kids each time. It was so much fun. I was 5, turned 6. Our teachers were Siri and Elsie.

One day a group of us decided to escape through the bathroom window which was up high and required climbing on the toilet. It went great until one kid stepped into the toilet bowl. It was bound to happen. My best friend was Charlotte in the navy striped shirt. She moved the summer following pre-school and I never saw her again. I often wondered what happened to her.

The boy in the glasses on the top row, Fredrik Horn, could never remember his birthday. Every so often we were asked to respond with our birthday during roll call, which was held every day. His was July 11th. The whole class knew it, but he could never remember. But what he lacked in birthday-remembering, he made up for in muscle strength. I fought (wrestled) him every week over some silly disagreement and always lost, crying. Did that stop me from trying it again next week? Not a bit.

The memories are sweet. All the girls liked the skinny boy in blue on the second row, Tommy. I was no exception. Kent-Åke (tall boy on the back row) and I ran into each other one day landing us both bawling with massive bumps on our foreheads.

No problems spotting me, right?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

1. My birthday is July 11. Too funny!

2. Well, you're not the girl in red in the front row. Ha ha.

3. Did you call your teachers by their first names in Sweden?

4. Love all the details!

Victoria and Mark said...

Hint, look for Isak with earrings (or so Mark suggested). Yes, students call teachers by first name in Sweden. It is a very informal society.

Kristine said...

I didn't see the earrings till I looked at the picture much more closely. Isak most definitely is your child! :)