We were told at the beginning of the school year that we only live 1.49 miles away from the school. If we lived 1.5 miles away Isak and Elina would qualify for riding the school bus. I frankly think it is too far to walk every day - we did it occasionally last year, but I would never send the kids by themselves because they have to cross Main Street. This year they attend two different schools (a couple hundred yards apart) and I never figured out how and where to effectively retrieve them both on foot and walk home. So I drive them to and from school. But I kept seeing the school bus in our neighborhood, for those who live far enough away, and I finally examined the issue more closely. I discovered that google maps said we live 1.6 miles from the school. Well, google is not foolproof, so zeroed the odometer and drove it. 1.6 miles. Then we did it with the other car. 1.6 miles. Then Mark brought a surveying tool from work and we measured the distance in feet: 8480 feet = 1.61 miles. I then contacted the Bus Barn again and challenged their software that claimed we live 1.49 miles away, and two days later a nice man came and drove the distance in his car. 1.6 miles. That day the kids were issued bus passes. Yay!
So now we walk to the 'bus stop' 0.3 miles away in the mornings and everyone loves it, especially Sadie.
I took this picture about an hour ago:
No comments:
Post a Comment