Mark and Victoria, their children: Isak, Elina, Anja and Julia. Visitors are advised that this site may contain extreme minutia and adoration involving four blond kids, mainly for the benefit of those poor grandparents and family an ocean away. If you are not them, you may experience boredom. You have been warned.
11 December 2010
The Littlest Sister
Julia is in such a hurry to grow up. She understands everything it seems, and wants to do everything that her older siblings do. And if she can't, then she gets MAD.
Julia is also very capable of finding entertainment for herself. Anja is happy to assist when needed. Yesterday, for example, when I was in the shower getting ready for a chiropractor appointment, I was greeted by two soaked girls who had turned the kitchen and dining room into a lake, and who stomped happily in the water while laughing. This was only 45 minutes after the laundry detergent was knocked down and a gallon ran out onto the floor.
Julia has also recently been found
- Pouring out milk, juice or water and spreading it around with her hands/arms/sleeves (daily, if given the chance)
- Bathing the little green Toy Story alien (or various other objects) in the toilet while splashing toilet water everywhere
- Dumping the dog water on herself and the floor (at least once a day)
- Packing the toilet with toilet paper (I should add that we are constantly closing the bathrooms doors, but Anja usually forgets)
- Taking hold of the end of the toilet paper and running down the hall, in and out of rooms until the paper is completely off the roll and spread throughout the house
- Opening the dishwasher (even if it is locked) and standing on the lid for the purpose of unloading the dishes (clean or dirty) onto the kitchen floor (the dishwasher is now loose, no longer attached to the wall!)
- Using a drinking cup to scoop water out of Sadie's bowl to drink and eating dog food in between sips
- Removing any and all DVDs out of their cases and spreading them over the living room floor
- Pulling all the tape out of a cassette tape
- Eating crayons (any chance she gets) and decorating walls and furniture, too
- Changing the channel when others are watching a movie (she can reach now and knows the exact button!)
- Pulling out pots and pans, tupperware and other kitchen ware she can reach
- Dumping toys from their bins just for the sake of dumping them
This is not a comprehensive list. I could add more.
No matter how frustrating this is, however, I can't really blame her. I am swamped with things to do - cooking, cleaning, laundry for a big family and on top of that my school work which takes time every single day. And there is only so much being ignored Julia can take without finding her own stuff to do. Next semester I need to find a babysitter that can take Anja and Julia one day a week for 4 or 5 hours so I can be effective at doing my school work, as opposed to have to do it while taking care of kids or I might just give myself a hernia.
Julia really is very sweet and super family-oriented. When given just a bit of attention she is as good as gold. She loves to read books. Elina and Isak will often read with her while I fix dinner or tend to other duties. When she wakes up in the morning or from a nap she calls everyone in the family by name: Mamma, Ika, Enina, Aja, Pappa and wants hugs and kisses. She LOVES her family. She does so much for spreading love between siblings. We are glad she is here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment