11 February 2012

Daddy Daughter Dance 2012

In honor of Charles Dickens' recent 200th birthday, I shall refer to today as "the best of times" and "the worst of times." For Anja, it was the best of times, because she went to her much-anticipated first ever Daddy Daughter Dance. I ordered these ridiculous dresses online from China for very little money and Anja's ended up being way too big. I had to shorten it 8 inches (20 cm), but it was still too long in the torso and could have been taken in at the waist, but Anja would not even consider wearing a different dress! Elina's dress (same style, but dark red color) needed taking in at the wast, of course, (which we did to her dress) but sadly she never had the chance to wear it. At 5 am she woke up with stomach pains and has been vomiting all day. She has not been home from school a single day this school year and THIS is the day she gets sick. So unfair. She and Mark are planning a dinner-date at a nice restaurant instead, when she gets better.

Here are a few pictures of our healthy princess and her prince:




Daddy and Daughter.

At the dance.


"I throw my hands up in the air sometimes..."


When she came home she declared it the best day of her life.

1 comment:

mormor said...

Anja: Du måste ha varit den sötaste av alla söta flickor på dansen!

Kramar från mormor