How I LONG for that day. It was a little over 6 months ago and Julia's hair was beginning to noticeably grow. I was even thinking about trimming it this coming week and schedule individual portraits.
Then we had our annual pumpkin carving. Julia decorated hers and then disappeared. She often does this. She was playing upstairs just like any other day. And then comes the scream from Elina that one of the guine pigs is missing. A mad goose chase and we found her. Julia had hid the guinea pig in Elina's closet, in a box. No one looked very closely at Julia, we were making sure Maja was okay. And she was.
I then went in to my bathroom where the mat was a little crooked and one corner folder over. I went to straighten it and gave it a little shake. Long strands of blonde hair, 6 inches or so, flew out from underneath. It could only be Julia's or Anja's. But Anja knows better.
This is not my first time living through this, but it is the worst. Isak cut both Elina's and Anja's hair once, a couple of places each. Then Elina cut her own - okay, so that was pretty bad, but still nothing like this. Anja cut her own, but just a little bit. It is still growing out, as a matter of fact. I saw it this morning again. But only she and I know it is there. I will laugh about this in two years, I am sure.
Prepare yourselves, people. Here it is, Julia's new hairdo. On the up-side, I did not lose my cool, though I made my position known. And we can all be super impressed by the fact that Julia is ambidextrous so far, equally skilled with the scissors in both left and right hands - same when she draws and paints.
This morning I tried to part her hair on the other side and comb the hair over. Her hair does not naturally want to part on that side and besides it just wouldn't be covered because of the extensive cuts on the back of the head. It looked awful. I just don't know what to do. Mark wants leave it alone to just let it grow out, and if we do that I guess I'll just trim the rest shorter and keep trimming until the cut portions eventually catch up. The alternative is just cut it boy-short, pixie style, but even that won't look right because she has cut so close to the scalp in several places. (I wonder how much extensions are?)
Julia 2 weeks ago:

2 comments:
Åh - ditt stackars modershjärta !
Mikael: Ja vadådå? Sånn frissa hade Johnny Rotten också!
Post a Comment