08 November 2012

Norman Anthem

This song brought tears to my eyes on the day of the 5th grade concert. I did not get my own footage, but the clip below is pretty good. Isak sings it around the house with his pretty soprano that he will only have for a little while longer, and I am moved every time. I suppose it is because I have made my home here for a long time now, far from my original one, and we have raised our children here, and I do love this place. To hear the children's voices sing it reminds me that this is their home. They are part of the community here and even if we were to move tomorrow, Isak and Elina will always remember it as their childhood home.



"When I see a prairie schooner heading homeward to the west
toward the land of stars and sunshine, toward the place that I love best.
Then my heart goes home to Norman on the prairies of the west
Oh, my heart goes home to Norman, to the place that I love best."

No comments: