16 March 2015

Memphis -- July 2014

I spent a week in Memphis for work. Our school got a grant for our ELL program, which I am in charge of, so I spent a glorious week in a nice hotel room with the most amazing meals three times a day, and a maid made my bed and cleaned my room. I could easily get used to such a life. Especially when spent discussing and studying with intelligent people who are in my same line of work. I also got see some of Memphis. And I ate dfinner with Mark's dad'd brother and his wife, Gordon and Miki Fisher, whom I had not seen since our wedding in California. They live in Memphis now.


 Elvis recorded here.

 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was martyred here. 


 Rosa Park's bus at the Civil Rights Museum.

 Beale Street
Dinner with Gordon and Miki.

No comments: