19 December 2007

Christmas Family Picture



There is nothing I love so much to have, that I dread so much to make, as family pictures. Here is our annual Family Shot, a snap shot literally, taken in the church foyer on Dec 17, 2007, by a kind, sweet lady I don't know. We are all looking at the camera, (Well, at least FACING the camera) but Mark and I look fairly decent for a change. Annia woke up enough to open her eyes. No one got hurt while taking this picture, I should add. No one got yelled at, or yanked into position. No one fought another family member. No one was bribed with chocolate.
A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
From rear left to right:
Isak, Mark, Victoria
Elina and Annia

P.S. I have added other family pictures below. In classic Fisher fashion each family shot almost did not happen. The one featuring my parents and grandmother, my dad was ready to walk out and so we accepted the 17th shot even though Mark looks a little... excited, and Isak somewhat puzzled. In the one where Elina holds the dog she would not smile until she got to hold it. And hey, it matched our color scheme, except for the red collar.


4 comments:

Renae said...

I could not agree more that Christmas pictures are both glorious and anxiety-producing. I think about your family perpetually, but I'm horrible about reaching out. Thank you so much for your e-mail today. I needed a pick-me-up.

God Bless You and Your FABULOUS family!! Give my cousin a squeeze from his wannabe little sister.

Sharon said...

I would never have figured out that you were seated in the church foyer! I will have to remember that tactic for the future. I hate family getting ready for family pictures, too. The last time we were scheduled for family photos (our first time with a professional photographer) our dryer broke in the middle of drying clothes for the shoot, and we missed our time slot. We ended up doing our own pictures with our own camera that day and thankfully ended up with a decent one. That was a year ago. Maybe someday I will try again.

Tamra said...

You all look great! And no chocolate bribes. . . I'm impressed! Maybe if someone bribes me with chocolate, we might get another family picture done. :)

Renae said...

I've "tagged you". Peek at my blog and play along if you'd like.

Renae