The last few days leading up to Elina's party we had the following scenario: all three of our cars broken (but we're down to only two thanks to Mark), a backed up sewer line, a broken clothes washer and on the morning of the party (30 minutes prior) I ran an errand in a borrowed car (mind you, our own were not working) and I got a ticket! Mark was roto-rooting the sewer line at 8 pm the night before the party. I'll spare you further details. I frosted the cake at 11 pm to the sound of much evil critiquing of my "Hello Kitty" artwork. I let Mark have a go on the pink cake I had just frosted. Please comment on which Hello Kitty you think was best, the brown one or the pink. Thank you!


3 comments:
Both George and I prefer the brown one. I'll add that George's comment was free from any prejudice - I only called him in and asked him which one was nicer. And Mark, shame on you for critiquing a mother's late night attempt to make a birthday cake! This tired, worn out mom enlisted the help of a local bakery due to the overwhelming pile of stuff to be done to prepare for a house full of guests. Kudos to you both for a sweet little get together and such genetically perfect short people. I only wish we could crash, I mean attend, a couple of cake and ice cream events.
Hugs,
Renae
OOOH my! your cakes turned out SO beautiful! i am sorry, i didn't know you had a blog! i am totally out of it!!!
Happy birthday to Elina! i wish we could have made it!!! Darling darling cakes! love her dress!
Happy Birthday Elina! You're so cute.
Victoria, I'm always so impressed with you--to be able to pull off a party with all that going on, you deserve a medal. . . and a waiver on the ticket! :)
Post a Comment