22 October 2009

"There is no bad weather...

...only bad clothes." Or so say they in Sweden, at least - but it rhymes: "Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder". And a popular saying it is because the weather in Sweden requires good clothing much of the time. Our three oldest kids just LOVE it when they can use their some of their Swedish gear. Btw, kids in Sweden never have inside recess. At least I never remember having an inside recess in all my school days. I know northern states in this country could never adopt Oklahoma standards for inside and outside recess. Kids in North Dakota would never go outside.
I think Sadie was the least enthusiastic about this back-yard playdate. And it lasted for hours.

The pictures of Julia, below, were taken just a few minutes ago as she premiered the Exersaucer! She was wholly enchanted and her eyes were even bigger than normal (see picture) as she surveyed the new possibilities life has offered to her. Anja tried to convince me it was her toy, but she didn't force the issue. This is true to her sweet personality. Anja just knows how to get along with people, most of the time. Elina did her best to showcase each and every gadget on the tray. Click HERE to see a picture of Anja in the same Exersaucer, though she was 6,5 months in that picture, Julia is 4,5.

Check it out!

1 comment:

Keyes said...

Aw, Julia is so cute in the exersaucer! We put Evelyn in hers about the same age and she just lit up.

And they do have a cut-off for outdoor recess here. It's 0 F (-18 C) and I've had arguments with Allison about how it's not OK to walk home from school if it was too cold for recess so apparently my kids agree with you. (although I stay indoors as much as possible in the winter)