13 June 2012

Last Week of School

I have missed the kids' last week of school the last two years because I have been in Sweden. My trip this year was shorter and so here are some pictures from the last week of school.

 I returned from Sweden to find that our poor peach tree that almost died in the drought last year was teeming with ripe fruit. We have since harvested. Yum! I must have eaten a gallon. 
The freezer is filled with blanched (peeled) peaches.

 Anja had a hard time while mom was gone. And apparently when I got home, she let it all out.
She got home from school and before even so much as taking off her shoes or hanging up her back pack, she fell asleep on the stairs!


Here are some kids from Isak's class. They had a picnic after a field trip to OU. 
Isak's best friend this year, Sutuq, is to his right.
Together they have obsessed over tall buildings, cars and geography, among other things.

 Julia and Anja came, too.

This was Anja's last day of school. Their very last last recess in pre-K. 

Anja has done so well in school. She is well liked by everyone.
And she has had the most wonderful teacher.
Here she is with best friend Addison.
The bandaid covers an injury sustained while I was gone, when she was not acting herself.
She was running inside the classroom and would not stop (normally unheard of!) and hit a shelf.

Elina and some friends in her class. Her best friend from school, Paige, is on her left. 

Another picnic during the last week of school. 
SPRITE?? Only in American schools.

To celebrate school getting out, our church congregation gathered for 
a movie night at some member's house on May 26th. Anja did not wish to be photographed.
She painted her "box car" herself. 

 Eating and having a good time.

 And playing. 

Julia had her first-ever cotton candy. 

Isak had a box car, too. 

 Finally it was dark enough for the movie to start.
Much time had been spent to secure copy right permission for this event.

Isak likes cotton candy, too.

No comments: