17 July 2011

Sweden continued

It is July blogging slipped through in the very busy month of May and June, so I have lots of catching up to do. I won't get it all, but I will begin by adding a few pictures from our Sweden trip and hopefully add a few more posts until present time, as the week goes on.

We had a fantastic time in Sweden, of course. Wonderful cool May (long sleeve weather, mostly). I know the Swedes didn't like that, but I knew the sweltering heat I was returning to so I enjoyed every second of that jacket weather.
 We celebrated May 17th - Norwegian Independence Day - with Oldemor Inger, my grandma.

Marie, Tove, Victoria, Julia, Julia & Anders
at Leif's birthday party, May 18th 

Cousins Nike, Anja and Julia having a picnic of sorts on the deck.

 I had to include this one. Old ladies doing their errands on bikes - you see them everywhere. Well, everyone does their errands on foot and bike, I guess. But that is something I never see in Oklahoma.

 Anja and Julia on Nike's swingset.

 Grandma Ingunn makes rhubarb pie with and for the grand kids.
Nice camera faces, girls.

 Daniella and I - and Noah hooked up. :)

Saw my old friend Tomasz! We were great buddies in High School, and pen pals for years as we both trotted the surface of the earth in various places, so we were in touch long before facebook, but we had not seen one another for 16 years, since both of us have been living abroad! It still felt like yesterday. 

 Here is Tomasz with his amazing wife Irena and super cute daughter Klara. 
Anja and Julia still remember Klara, thought she was something else!

My friends Carl and Henrik. 

No comments: