18 July 2011

Sailing!

 Isak rigging the optimist pram.

Isak spent 6 days at the lake learning how to sail. I almost cried from happiness when I found this camp. In 2 years Elina will be able to do it as well. Mostly they sailed optimist prams, but they learned about all kinds of boats, and kayaked and canoed as well. They learned how to tie knots, which knots to use for what purpose and how to rig the boats and a plethora of other boat related fun. Isak was the youngest sailor at his camp, most of the kids being 3 or 4 years older. On the last day Isak got awarded "most improved sailor'. They took a test on the last day which Isak passed with an 'A' . 


What a pretty sight! Being at the lake are always the most memorable events of the summer. The kids fell in love with sailing in Sweden in 2008. A very few pictures can be seen HERE  from that summer.


Other boating experiences have been just as loved, here is ONE documented and here are glimpses of ANOTHER. We have talked about getting a boat for years, but I think it is another year out before we actually do.
Julia agreed to smile for the camera, but in reality she wanted to swim. 
And she knows how! 

 Putting on the rudder.

 Ready to go!

 I never saw him get into the opti, but I guess he knew how to climb on board without capsizing.

 Anja and Elina on the big sailboat.

Julia loved it, too. 


There we are (I'm waving).



Han har båt i blodet, den ungen!


 Group photo on the last day.

Isak and his teacher, Cap'n Les.


For another 350 pictures from the camp week, go HERE.

No comments: