Elina is doing half day Kindergarten (same as Isak did) which means I pick her up at 10.30, and she says she had a good day. It is not really a half day, but whatever. I'm no fan of the long school days at such a young age. She is the only one in her class (probably the entire Kindergarten) to do half day and the teacher was unfamiliar with the half day pick-up procedure, which tells me that she has not had a half day kid before. Isak is still at school as I write this.
The school is big, apx 850 students compared to last year's 580. I told Isak that when I was in elementary school we had only one class of each grade. He couldn't believe it. He is used to 5 of each grade. This year there are 7 second grade classes! Both kids seem to have good teachers. Everyone has raved about how great Elina's teacher is and Isak's teacher is reputed to be very organized and structured which will suit him well.
To see pictures from last year's first day of school click HERE.
The school is big, apx 850 students compared to last year's 580. I told Isak that when I was in elementary school we had only one class of each grade. He couldn't believe it. He is used to 5 of each grade. This year there are 7 second grade classes! Both kids seem to have good teachers. Everyone has raved about how great Elina's teacher is and Isak's teacher is reputed to be very organized and structured which will suit him well.
To see pictures from last year's first day of school click HERE.
2 comments:
Everyone looks happy and its so great that Mark got to go for the first day!
They look so fun and happy! They do have a big school; there are only 2 3rd classes this year at ours (although I think 3-4 in the other grades). That's wonderful that Mark was there.
Post a Comment